Conquer The Chilterns - 1.5+3km Swim

Take part in the Meglio Conquer The Chilterns 1.5km & 3.0km Swim.

There are 2 distances to choose from that will cater for both beginners and experienced swimmers.

The Swim takes place in the River Thames and navigates the world famous Henley Royal Regatta and Temple Island Meadows.

Ages: 18 to 80 as of 23/09/2018.


START TIMES

Sunday - Race Day
7:30am to 11:00am - Event Car Park & Village Open
7:30am - Athletes Registration
8:15am - All Distances Race Briefing
8.30am - Both 1.5km & 3.0km Swim Start
Circa 10:00am - Prize Presentation


PRIZES

There will prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall Male and Female, 1st Vet (40+) Male and Female.

Bespoke Medals for ALL finishers.


WETSUIT RULES:

99% of the time, wetsuits have to be worn for this event due to the temperature of the water, generally in the UK and Thames Valley most of the water is between 14 degree Celsius & 22 degrees Celsius. The temperature of the water is always taken at least one hour before an event to determine if wetsuits must be worn.


FACILITIES
  • Chip Timing
  • Live to Web Results
  • Onsite Retailers
  • Sports Cafe
  • Onsite Parking
  • Baggage Area
  • Toilets
  • Ambulance Services
  • 5m Public Liability
  • Bespoke Medals
  • Marked Course
  • Water Safety
  • Friendly Marshals
  • Photography
  • Music
  • Prizes
  • Great Location


TERMS & CONDITIONS

F3 Events Terms and Conditions apply to this event, please click here for full details.

Organiser Updates (1)

EVENT UPDATE

sent by F3 Events on 21/09/2018 at 20:54
IMPORTANT EVENT UPDATE


We have had to make the very difficult decision to postpone this weekend's events.

The Met Office Yellow weather warning predicts gale force winds and heavy rain for much of this weekend and especially Sunday morning when the event is scheduled to take place.

This is a very similar situation to many other events which are either being cancelled or postponed this weekend with the summary of all the different weather forecast predictions which is the main cause of the decision.

With the current assessment been made and Met office predictions saying that there will be constant wind speeds as high as 35+mph plus gusts of wind as high as 53mph and heavy rain. These weather conditions will pose a significant risk not only to those taking part but to volunteers, marshals, and staff helping to run the event.

Given the severe nature of the weather, we feel that we do not have any alternative but to postpone the event to a future date.

We will update all participants early next week on how to redeem your full entry value and defer your entry to a future event of your choice, plus possible dates for event t be rescheduled.

We thank you for your messages of concern on the conditions and we believe that this is the only course of action to enable the upmost in providing and delivering a safe event for all.

Thanks
 
Attachments

Discussion Board


Only registered users can leave comments