Another very special Race Space feature is that it allows you to embed the entry form on your own website, rather than taking entrants to Race Space to complete registration. This works by embedding a ‘slider’ on your site where the participant can enter the relevant information and make payment.
HOW TO ADD THE RACE SPACE WIDGET EMBED FORM ON YOUR WEBSITE
1. Copy and paste this code anywhere on the page where you need to embed your Race Space event form:
2. Then add a button element on your target page. This will serve as a trigger to display your Race Space event on a slider. Reminder: Always put the class “rsBtn” and data-event attributes to make the button work. PLEASE NOTE: “data-event” attribute is the Race Space event url you want to display using the button.
1. Install the Racespace Embed Form plugin either via the WordPress plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your web server (in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory). Download Racespace Embed Form plugin
2. Activate the Racespace Embed Form plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. Navigate to the Racespace Embed Form settings page to configure CSS styles.
4. Use the shortcode in your page, post or widget to trigger your embed form using the button:
5. Don’t forget the required parameter “event”. If you didn’t provide a url for this parameter, the button will not work. Ex:
6. You can display multiple rsembed buttons with different configurations by specifying the necessary parameters directly in the shortcode. See plugin’s settings page for other parameters and their usage.
What is the SSL Certificate?
This is a standard protocol certificate on mixed content, meaning assets, api endpoints or other resources loaded over a secure HTTPS connection while other resources are loaded over an insecure HTTP connection.
With regards to embed scripts and SSL, we highly encourage you to install an SSL for added security and W3C compliance. This certificate is not something that Race Space provides however it can be purchased for your website at a cheap price. Should you not choose this option, our embed script will still run if the website of the user is using an insecure HTTP connection.